On October 16, 2015, Melissa will release “What About Today – Live at 54 Below,” her first live album.
This 15-song collection includes 11 tracks, which Melissa has never recorded before including the strong title track by David Shire and an alluring dash of Bacharach (“The April Fools”) to accent her fluent performances of a pair of Michel Legrand classics. Time-traveling back to her 1993 starring role as Broadway’s Eliza Doolittle, fans finally get a recorded version of “Show Me” from Lerner & Loewe’s My Fair Lady along with her favorite song from Frank Wildhorn’s Dracula, The Musical, which was also never recorded. There is a generous sprinkling of Sondheim that is guaranteed to satisfy his legion of fans as well as Errico’s devotees: a comedic & vocal tour de force with “Getting Married Today,” a sweetly jazzy “Small World” & a bewitching rendition of “No More” from Into The Woods which, in Errico’s soulful and philosophical voice becomes a life lesson of it’s own. Errico also takes the roof off the nightclub with “Meadowlark,” “What Did I Have That I Don’t Have?” (her tribute to Eydie Gormé) and some unexpected disco!
- “Why are actors so nuts?”
- What About Today?
- “Do you like this hair flip?”
- The Summer Knows
- “Those were seals…”
- The April Fools
- “Let’s stay at the movies a little longer…”
- His Eyes, Her Eyes
- “How ‘bout we do a little Broadway?”
- It’s An Art
- “One perfect storm of a song…”
- “Where does that leave us?”
- Getting Married Today
- “Time to regroup…”
- No More
- “It doesn’t get better than this…”
- Small World
- Show Me
- The Heart Is Slow To Learn
- “I got the idea to write this…”
- Gentle Child
- “I am really bananas about Eydie Gormé…”
- What Did I Have That I Don’t Have?
- Last Dance
- “I’m like Cher in Moonstruck!”
- How Are Things In Glocca Morra?